The magnificent Temple of Luxor is located in downtown on the East bank of the Nile in Luxor. It was built by Amenhotep III in 18th dynasty in the new kingdom around 1400 BC, and it was completed by Ramses II during the 19th Dynasty around 1250 BC. It was dedicated to the great god Amun-Ra, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu together representing the Theban Triad. It was the center of the most important festival which was celebrated in ancient time. The festival name was the Opet festival held from Karnak temple to Luxor temple that were linked together by Sphinx avenue, the entire avenue was more 1,7 Miles long, and must have had more than 2000 sphinxes all together.